We have rescheduled the Windows 11.1 Release to the 28th May exactly one year after the version 11 Release.
Today we are releasing the next Public Beta of Lightworks for Windows (11.1.k)
This new build is a massive milestone for Lightworks, addressing one of the biggest issues with version 11, native H.264/MP4 handling. This new build now includes native support for H.264 mov files and MP4 files (GroPro etc) without the need for transcoding in the Pro version. Free users will be forced to transcode these files on import to Lightworks.
Over the next week we are also aiming to Beta test the new EditShare Licensing Service (ELS) on Windows. This same licensing service has been trialled over the last couple of months with great success in the Linux Alpha/Beta versions.
The user will sign in to the application using their Lightworks Username and Password (an internet connection MUST be present on the system) Any existing licenses still yet to expire on the current release build of Lightworks will be honoured in the new ELS system. The user simply signs in to the new version entering their Username and Password and their existing license (should one be available) will appear in the list for them to activate (Pro and AVID DNxHD)
The new ELS licensing has some limitations.
- Users will not be able to detach a license from one system to another. To get around this, any user that purchases Lightworks Pro will be given a Pro license that can be used on two different systems.
- There is no concurrent network licensing system in place. If a user has a Pro activation that has 4 concurrent users, this will show a Pro license in ELS that can be used 5 times on separate systems.
- There is currently no way of canceling a license and moving it to another system.
- There is currently no “Offline” activation method. Users MUST have an internet connection present on the system they have installed Lightworks on.
To access the latest Beta build for Windows please visit: lwks.com/beta
The fixes since 11.1.j are:
- Added indexing for MP4/H.264 MOV/MXF files to help with shuttling and reverse play of Long GOP files (creates lvix files)
- Fixed relinked media not reappearing until after restarting the application
- Fixed video only being relinked by ‘relink missing media’ function
- Ensure that material/sound folders are created when restoring a project from an archive
- Fixed Timeline marker moving position after using ALT M
- Fixed audio not being present on MP4 samples in 32bit version
- Stop media file import browser from analyzing Lightworks link files
- Fixed audio cutting out after 14 minutes on exports
- Fixed DVCPROHD movs created on Mac not working
- Fixed potential timeline sizing/moving crash
All Beta feedback is through the Lightworks Forum under the “Windows Beta Testers” section.