New EditShare server updates are available. Please see editshare.com/updates for details & downloads.
Full information about this update is available in the EditShare v6.2 ReadMe PDF
ATTENTION CUSTOMERS USING GEEVS AND FLOW
This update is not compatible with Geevs 184.108.40.206! Please see ‘Important Note’ below for details.
EditShare Storage (6.2)
Changes in this version:
- Support for SNMP-connected UPS devices.
- New DAVE locking and caching options in EditShare Connect.
- Automatic repair of quotas.
- Removed Netatalk restart when creating new Managed, Unmanaged or Avid Style spaces.
- Improvements to NFS client.
EditShare Flow (2.2)
This is a major release which includes many new features:
- Group clip creation on Flow and Geevs ingest for multicam editing in Avid.
- New clip status icons and timeline colors in Flow Browse that show whether clip is online, offline, or archived.
- File Deletion from Flow Browse
- New scan options, and ability to scan from Flow Browse in addition to Flow Control.
- Partial file restoration from Ark Disk.
- Creation of Ark restore jobs from projects, folders, clips, and sequences.
- Many improvements to Search including similar and Boolean searches.
- Media spaces arranged by type in Flow Browse.
- Separation of Flow Scan and Proxy creation process, now possible to make proxies on multiple servers at once.
- Improved metadata layout, and ability to configure custom metadata layouts.
- Project sharing now available in Flow Projects tab using EditShare Shared Projects Red/Amber/Green lock icon system to indicate ownership.
- You can now purchase an option to allow Flow to scan existing 3rd party storage locations that present an smb mount.
- You can now change locked clip metadata if you have permission.
- Expanded codec support for Scan, File Based Ingest, and SDI Ingest. Additional codecs supported by Flow Scan including Avid JFIF 4:1s and 10:1, and Canon 5D files. See here for details.
- Drag and drop of Flow Projects or Folders into FCP7 or Adobe Premiere.
- Other bug fixes, see Fixed in Flow Version 220.127.116.11 in the ReadMe.
Reference table showing supported formats and codecs in Flow 2.2.
EditShare Ark (2.2)
Changes in this version:
- Ark Watch Groups created on expansion servers will now work properly.
- Quicker display of large numbers of tape pools and backup runs.
- Improved sorting of tape pool names.
- Improved accuracy of estimated time for backup and restore.
- Ark restore jobs will now continue even if there is an error on restoring a particular file.
- Swapping of tapes will be optimized when running simultaneous backups.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING GEEVS WITH EDITSHARE STORAGE AND FLOW
This update is not compatible with the currently shipping Geevs version, 18.104.22.168. Please do not update your storage, Ark, or Flow servers if you are running Geevs 22.214.171.124 or earlier and using Geevs with Flow.
Geevs 126.96.36.199, which is required for compatibility with Flow 2.2, will be released in Mid-June. As soon as it is released, notification will be posted here. It will then be safe to update all your servers at once to the latest releases.
NOTE FOR AVID USERS UPGRADING FROM EDITSHARE 188.8.131.52 OR EARLIER
If you were previously using EditShare Connect on OS X or Windows under EditShare 184.108.40.206 or earlier, and had configured Avid Style or the Avid Launcher, you must you must first un-configure these features in the old version of EditShare Connect. Next, if you are a Windows user, you must uninstall the old version of EditShare Connect. Finally, both OS X and Windows users must update to the new version of EditShare Connect and reenable Avid Style and/or the Avid Launcher.
If you are upgrading from EditShare 220.127.116.11, you can simply install the new EditShare Connect clients over the old ones. You may need to re-target your Avid application in windows EditShare Connect and/or re-enable the Avid Style option on windows or os x.
NOTE ON ETHERNET BONDING
If you have previously configured an ethernet bond under 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124, you should update to 126.96.36.199 but you must contact EditShare Technical Support for assistance remaking the bond before doing so.
If you use ethernet bonding but are upgrading from 188.8.131.52, you can upgrade normally without assistance.
NOTE ON DAVE
Please visit the updated DAVE compatibility page for new information on the latest EditShare approved DAVE build, 9.0.2-1450. (Updated 30 April 2012)
Installing EditShare Updates
If your server has a connection to the Internet, you can run Install Updates from the Control Panel on your server’s desktop. Otherwise, you can download the offline updater from editshare.com/updates, copy it to your server, then go back and run Install Updates.
As always, feel free to contact EditShare technical support if you have any questions.