EditShare (www.editshare.com) — a leading provider of networked shared storage and tapeless end-to-end workflow solutions for the television and film industry — is seeking a full-time Quality Assurance specialist to join a small QA team at its Boston headquarters. The position mostly involves conducting methodical testing of software functions by using the GUI’s of our various products. In addition, it is sometimes necessary to set up and test 3rd party products that must integrate seamlessly with our own software and hardware.
Our current products include:
- Video Ingest servers that provide broadcast-quality capture and playout capabilities
- High Performance Centralized Storage Servers and custom software that are optimized for collaborative video editing
- A database-backed Media Asset Management system for logging, browsing, searching, and editing media
- Backup and Archive software that allows customers to seamlessly move media between different tiers of disk and tape storage.
The ideal candidate will be a fast learning, self-motivated individual who is a excellent team player and communicator. He or she should have:
- A good working knowledge of Linux (or another *nix OS), OS X and Windows (from XP through Windows 7)
- Prior experience with Software QA testing and bug tracking systems such as Trac and Round Up
- The ability to help created automated testing routines wherever possible
- Some basic experience using video editing applications such as Avid Media Composer and Final Cut Pro
It would also be advantageous for the candidate to have prior experience with:
- MySQL databases
- LTO-based tape backup systems
- Active Directory
- MOS (the news automation protocol)
EditShare was founded in Boston in 2004. The principals all came from television and film themselves and started the company with the idea that serious workflow improvements were needed in the industry. Today, EditShare has nearly 3000 customers worldwide. These range from major broadcasters such as ION Networks in the USA to ITV in the UK, to high-end production companies such as PS 260, Atlas Media, and Sharp Entertainment in New York to the Oprah Winfrey Channel and Carson Daly in Los Angeles. We have installations at over 500 colleges and universities around the world. We are at cable television stations and corporate video departments large and small.
The spirit at EditShare is very much that of a high-tech upstart challenging the traditional players in the industry. We do a LOT with a relatively modest-sized staff. Everybody’s opinion is valued and counts here. There are unlimited opportunites to have your good ideas incorporated into our products. Our release cycle is measured in months, not years. EditShare has never taken one penny of investor money, so we have nobody to answer to except ourselves and our customers. But we are long past the startup phase. We have a 5-year lease on our office space, a 401K plan, health insurance, free lunch on Thursdays, and a really cool staff that makes us who we are.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to “work at editshare dot com”. No phone calls or recruiters.